University Master's Degree in Distributed
and Embedded Systems Software
Academic Year 2014/2015
- Students will get
familiarized with the current models and architectures of distributed systems.
First, they will study the different ways in which processes and objects
communicate in these systems, both in direct and indirect ways. Later, they
will learn the structure and interfaces of distributed file systems. They will
familiarize with the concept of network and system virtualization.
Finally, they will study the typical problems of distributed coordination among
- Students will identify and understand the current models and architectures
for distributed systems.
- Students will be able to build middleware based both on direct
communication (RPC, ...) and on indirect communication (multisend, ...)
- Students will be able to build distributed systems.
- Students will design synchronization and coordination distributed
- Students will build flexible and scalable distributed solutions.
- Introduction to distributed systems
- Remote invocation and web services
- Architectural models for indirect communication
- Virtualization of networks and systems
- Distributed file systems
- Distributed coordination and agreement
- A case study: Google
- Distributed Systems, concepts and design, 5th Edition. G. Coulouris. J.
Dollimore, T. Kindberg. Addison Wesley, 2012
- Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms, 2nd Edition. A.S. Tanenbaum,
M. Van Steen. Prentice-Hall, 2007
- Communication and Agreement Abstractions for Fault Tolerant Asynchronous
Distributed Systems. Michel Raynal. Morgen & Claypool Publishers 2010
29/07/2014 by Trinidad