University Master's Degree in Distributed
and Embedded Systems Software
Academic Year 2014/2015
- To provide the students with
knowledge and abilities required to develop embedded systems projects.
- Students will be able to work in any stage of the life cycle of an
- Students will understand the advantages and disadvantages of digital and
analogical signal conditioning.
- Introduction to embedded systems
- Energy efficiency
- Digital signal processors
- Reconfigurable logic
- Micro-kernels for processors
- Environments for data acquisition and processing in personal computers
- Interconnecting embedded systems
- Smith, S.W. (1999): The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal
processing. Second edition. California Technical Publishing.
- Blackledge, J. (2006): Digital Signal Processing. Second edition. Horwood
Publishing (free and open access).
- Meddins, B. (2000): Introduction to Digital Signal Processing. Newnes
- Navabi, Z. (2007): Embedded Core Design with FPGAs. McGraw-Hill.
- Koch, D. (2013): Partial Reconfiguration of FPGAs: Architectures, Tools
and Applications. Springer.
- Hassan, H. (2010): Low-Power Design of Nanometer FPGAs: Architecture and
EDA. Morgan Kauffman.
- Taylor, H.R. (2010): Data Acquisition for Sensor Systems. Springer
- Di Paolo Emilio, M. (2013): Data Acquisition Systems: From Fundamentals to
Applied Design. Springer-Verlag.
- Spencer, C.D. (2009): Digital Design for Computer Data Acquisition.
Cambridge University Press.
- Jara-Valera, A.J. (2012): Extending the Internet of Things: Towards a
Global and Seemless Integration. Auerbach Publications.
- Ning, H. (2013): Unit and Ubiquitous Internet of Things. CRC Press.
29/07/2014 by Trinidad